Garveriet café and Second Hand StoreKilde:
- Discover and experience the Good Life in Snåsa!
CAFÉ AND THRIFT STORE
Garveriet is a seasonal café and thrift store, situated in lovely surroundings in Viosen in Snåsa, right at the end of Lake Snåsavatnet. At Garveriet, you will find peace, traditions and nostalgia in harmonious surroundings. How about sitting in the garden below Garveriet, enjoying freshly brewed coffee and home baking?
Reused goods, interior decoration, furniture are on offer in the thrift store - everything in rural, quaint and old-fashioned style. Some are produced or procured from the local community, others have been purchased from various suppliers in Scandinavia. New in 2018 is a wide range of great seconhand / vintage evening wear. At times, we also offer local products like cheese, handicrafts etc.
Throughout the summer season various art exhibitions will be featured. In the run-up to Christmas, it is Gunn Mari Grøttum who exhibits her art at Garveriet..
In addition to summer café and various exhibitions, Garveriet is also available for hire for special events all through the year.
Garveriet is situated in Viosen, which is the ”old town” in Snåsa, and was once the town centre of Snåsa with both bakery, commerce and pier. The building housing Garveriet is the oldest in Viosen and it was constructed as a tannery and lime distillery, and a residence in 1881.
It has also been an icehouse, fish factory, manufactory, grocery, fruit and tobacco, watchmaker, photographer, chainsaw workshop, café, accounting office, frame, photo shop and more. Garveiriet is newly renovated and the official opening of the Garveriet Kafe and thirft store in 2015 marked the continuation of the building's historical use.
Parking: Green parking by the exit from RV 763 and by the village museum Vonheim. It is also possible to park by the sports facilities not far from Garveriet. It is a short trek to Garveriet. You can also park on the opposite side of teh bridge next to Garveriet.
What can be found nearby?:
- Snåsa Hotel (ca 1 km)
- Gjerstadhuset (museum) (ca 700 m)
- Saemien Sijte - South-sami museum and cultural centre (ca 700 m)
- Snåsa church (1 km)
- Vinje Rectory - Among the country's 3 most beuatiful rectoeies(1 km)
- 17.mai-stone - Norways oldest 17. May memorial (1 km) (17.th May = Norway's constitution day)
- Snåsa centre / train station (ca 800 m)
- Bergsåsen nature reserve (ca 1 km)
- Viosen stadion (ca 100 m)
- The village museum Vonheim (100 m)
- Marina og beach on the door steps of Garveriet
- General facilities
- Museums, Galleries and crafts
- Industrial design
- Other services
- Other specialty stores: Thrift store
- Types of events