Lustadstua (Lustad Cabin)
Enjoy the joys of mountain life on the banks of Lake Lustadvatnet, which is located at the gateway to Blåfjella-Skjækerfjella National Park. Get energy replenishment with short and long walks in the area. How about fishing your own dinner?
Lustadstua is a large and spacious cabin for 6 people with 2 bedrooms and plenty of floor space. There is a large and flat outdoor area around the cabin and you will find a campfire site, floating pier, boat and swimming area here. The cabin is idyllically located right at the water's edge to Lustadvatnet.
The cabin and outdoor area are adapted for the disabled in the summer (NB! Not in the winter) and you can drive your car all the way to the cabin all year round.
Good fishing and hiking opportunities
The cabin is perfect as a base for fantastic nature experiences. Since the cabin is located at the gateway to Blåfjella-Skjækra National Park, you can enjoy nice walks on a continuous sleeper path all the way to the national park or skiing in scooter tracks in the winter. You will find many well-marked trails in the eara such as Norway's Geographical Centre by Lake Skjækervatnet.
When renting Lustadstua you have access to a boat, which is located by the pier. You can fish for free/without a fishing lisence at all of Steinkjer Kommuneskoger's lakes. You will find fishing nets and ice drills in the cabin. There is a dog cage in the cabin.
Steinkjer Kommuneskoger is certified as an eco tourisme business.
Booking the cabin
The cabin can be booked online on Inatur.
Key to be collected at the reception at Steinkjer Town Hall Steinkjer between 0800-1530,or by prior agreement outside of these hours at night.
Directions to the cabin
From Steinkjer city (City Hall), drive in the direction of Ogndal by RV 762, follow this road all the way until you reach the cabin (the last bit along Lustadvatnet is on the county). Main road all the way. There is 44 km from the city centre to the cabin.
- Boat available
- Fishing possibilities
- Ice fishing
- Lake fishing
- Mountain hiking
- Net fishing
- River fishing
- Distance to harbour
- Camping and cottage
- Bed linen: Dyner og puter i hytta. Laken, pute- og dynetrekk må medbringes/ Pillows and duvets in the cabin. Bring own pillowcase and duvet covers, sheets.
- Flush toilets
- Ecotourism Norway
- Disabled persons
- Adapted for disabled: Tilrettelagt for handikappede om sommeren. Facilitated for the handicapped in the summer.
- Kitchen and household
- Cooking facilities: Propan - trebluss/Propane - gas
- Fridge: gass/running on gas
- Kitchen equipment: Utstyr til 10 pers/Kitchen equipment for 10 people
- Wood stove: Oppvarming med vedovn/peis - Heating with woodstove/fire place
- Nature and terrain
- Water: Vann hentes i Lustadvatnet like utenfor døra. Water collected from Lustadvatnet just by the cabin.
- Other accommodation
- Cabins may be booked in advance
- Sports activities
- Walking route
- Type of animal
- Pets: tillatt/permitted